Adobe Creative Cloud Updates
Adobe today announced performance updates and new innovations for video and audio tools in Adobe Creative Cloud, all designed to improve efficiency in video production.
New features include Content-Aware Fill for video, powered by Adobe Sensei, the company’s artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning technology, along with new capabilities for titles and graphics, crafting animations, refining audio mixing, and organizing and preparing project media. Some of the hundreds of performance improvements include faster Mask Tracking for effects and color workflows, dual GPU optimization and improved hardware acceleration for HEVC and H.264 formats in Premiere Pro. In After Effects, enhancements include GPU-accelerated effects, such as Change Color and Roughen Edges.
“With the new performance improvements in today’s Premiere Pro release, we’re excited to see dual GPU support to speed up export times, do lighting fast edits, and become better creators.”
–Niko Pueringer and Sam Gorski, co-founders of Corridor Digital
- Remove unwanted objects automatically with Content-Aware Fill in After Effects—Formerly Project Cloak,Content-Aware Fill for video is powered by Adobe Sensei and automates the process of removing visual elements like boom mics, signs, logos and even people from footage, saving hours of tedious manual work.
- Organize and storyboard your media in the Freeform Project panel in Premiere Pro—Arrange assets visually and save layouts for shot selects, production tasks, brainstorming story ideas, and assembly edits.
- Design with precision and consistency with Rulers and Guides—Work with familiar Adobe design tools inside Premiere Pro, making it easier to align titling, animate effects, and ensure consistency across deliverables.
- Polish audio easily and efficiently with Punch and Roll in Audition—The new feature provides efficient production workflows in both Waveform and Multitrack for longform recording, including voiceover and audiobook creators.
- Surprise viewers in Twitch Live-Streaming Triggers with Character Animator Extension—Livestream performances are enhanced where audiences engage with characters in real-time with on-the-fly costume changes, impromptu dance moves, and signature gestures and poses—a new way to interact and even monetize using Bits to trigger actions.
- Generate an audio mix with Auto Ducking for ambient sound in Audition and Premiere Pro—Powered by Adobe Sensei, Auto Ducking now allows for dynamic adjustments to ambient sounds against spoken dialog. Keyframed adjustments can be manually fine-tuned to retain creative control over a mix.
- Add visual variety—Adobe Stock now offers an extensive collection of 10 million professional-quality, curated, royalty-free HD and 4K video footage and Motion Graphics templates from leading agencies and independent editors to use for editorial content, establishing shots or filling gaps in a project.
- From shoot to showtime—Premiere Rush, introduced late last year, offers an efficient mobile-to-desktop workflow integrated with Premiere Pro for on-the-go editing and video assembly. Built-in camera functionality in Premiere Rush helps you take pro-quality video on your mobile devices.
Premiere Pro New Features
Freeform Project panel
Visually review, organize, and storyboard your media. Assemble rough cuts and then drag them right onto your timeline for editing.
Rulers and guides
New rulers, guides, and grids make sizing and aligning graphics and titles easier. Snap graphics to guides or each other. Color-coded guides ensure consistent positioning for lower thirds, logos, and more.
Auto Ducking for ambient sound
Powered by Adobe Sensei, Auto Ducking for ambient sound utilizes AI technology to detect dialog or voiceover and automatically adjust background sound. Adjustments are keyframed and easy to fine-tune.
Faster mask tracking
Speed up color grading and effects workflows with improved performance for HD, 4K and higher resolution content… Read More
Everything You Need to Know About the April 2019 Releases
Refining the workflows for video and audio production.
The Spring 2019 release of the Adobe video and audio tools offers improved performance, more polished workflows, and the power of Adobe Sensei artificial intelligence to accelerate post-production. Watch our livestream with Jason Levine on April 4 at 9 a.m. PT to see what’s new in Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, and Character Animator or try out some of the features yourself using free footage from Adobe Stock.
Follow the links below for everything you need to know about the latest releases.
What’s new in Adobe video and audio
Remove objects from your video with Content-Aware Fill in After Effects, powered by Adobe Sensei. Organize and storyboard your media in the Freeform Project panel in Premiere Pro. Design titles and graphics with precision and consistency using Rulers and Guides in Premiere Pro. Polish long-form recordings with Punch and Roll in Audition. Generate audio mixes with Auto Ducking for Ambience, in Audition and Premiere Pro. Work faster in Character Animator with better puppet rigging…Read more